flat tire

Having a bit of trouble? Maybe we can help.
keith powell
VIP
Reactions:
flat tire

Post by keith powell » 22 Nov 2015, 09:02

hi guys. In the middle of my round last night I discovered a flat back tire. so going to inspect it this morning. I noticed there's no inner tube? ??? haha. this is new to me. any hints as to how to approach this as I've got to be back out this afternoon? :)

sent from somewhere in the uk

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:
Re: flat tire

Post by keith powell » 22 Nov 2015, 10:09

so I've tried several places like kwik fit who aren't open, metro tires and the national tire place in Crosby. no bike shops open on a Sunday. so let's go to halfords. I've found a one and 3/4 inch nail in the tire. so that's a hole then. see if I can get up and running got 6 hours of calls tonight and 10 hours tomorrow. going to be a bit tight to get it sorted.

sent from somewhere in the uk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 22 Nov 2015, 10:52

Some car tyre places won't repair pictures on bike tyres... I'd look on Google maps for all bike dealers and just phone round and hope for the best.

If that fails, and depending on the size of it etc, you may be able to get away with an aerosol type puncture repair kit, which as far as I know all the big supermarkets like Tesco and Asda stock, as will Halfords I imagine?

Something like this (get a good one, cheap ones are crap)
http://s20.postimg.org/5u9est7xp/Holts_ ... HT3_YA.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously be careful, as they're meant as emergency repair, and not sure they're technically for bikes but I have used them before. The air in them is enough for a car tyre, so you might not be able to empty it into your bike tyre as it's smaller, but put in as much as you safely can as obviously the sealant comes in with the air

Good luck

Live Forever or Die Trying

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 22 Nov 2015, 13:49

If you do find a car tyre place open and they don't do bike tyres ask to buy a plug and diy it

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 22 Nov 2015, 14:14

The green stuff works well,
Tyre slime and just keep and eye on it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 22 Nov 2015, 21:26

Tyre slime, Gloop or Ultraseal have all worked well for me.

However, the best results are I have had is with

"Tubeless puncture repair kit | ACA66652"

from

https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop ... 5_45_TA_70
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Cliff
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Cliff » 25 Nov 2015, 08:11

A lot of tyre places won't do a permanent repair on a tyre once you have used any Slyme-type stuff. Something to be aware of.
It's all about the TT ....