Mito 443

Share any projects that you've undertaken, or modifications made to your bike.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Mito 443

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 23 Jul 2015, 00:44

Loving this build and your commitment but that seat unit..... Just can't gel with it. Seen one on an RGV250 and feel the same, looks like its broken off its mounts and hanging down.
Was this a style from back in these bikes hay days? Or a later modification? (Not up on smokers sorry)

Personally the only thing i would have done differently, a TYGA NSR seat unit or similar

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Mito 443

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 23 Jul 2015, 00:51

A la;

yazza5454
Reactions:

Post by yazza5454 » 23 Jul 2015, 06:45

Trust me that would look shit, the whole fairing and seat is from a 2005 model TZ250, that model had the droop tail. Some of them were even lower mines a bit more jacked up. The whole fairing is quite bulbous and bubbled from that era and to put a seat on like that it wouldn't look right at all. I've not taken a front on pic but this style of bodywork isn't remotely pointy. Plus the hump gives room for the oil tank etc.

Can't please everyone haha I like it that's all that matters.

yazza5454
Reactions:

Post by yazza5454 » 25 Jul 2015, 20:25

MOT'd and taxed today, was a fairly difficult ride there I'll be honest - I had the bars low and turned in to clear the fairing on full lock but it was excruciating so put them back where they wanna be and re shaped the nose cone a bit and it's totally different now, really not bad at all even for a big lummox like me. Engine wise it's dead rich so weakened it off and nipped out again about an hour ago and now it just pulls hard soon as I roll the throttle, night and day difference. Before it just stuttered like fuck then set off like a scalded cat. All ongoing development basically.

Popped round to my mates for a brew and a chat and he insisted on taking these little videos :) you can hear how it's mega rich on partial throttle, much better now though.

I am running it in but it revs so fast it's hard to stop the fucker at times, id be lying if I said it hadn't been round the clock toward the end of the day. But only a couple of times. There's gonna be a fair bit of trial and error setting it up but it's already much better than it was this morning. The way it picks it's feet up is mental though, big grins.

https://youtu.be/dF1tlYjoobo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://youtu.be/8GI9IyAzvH0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 25 Jul 2015, 22:42

Awesome to hear an update as always, and fantastic you've got it out of the workshop now, really can't wait to see it finished

yazza5454
Reactions:

Post by yazza5454 » 26 Jul 2015, 07:09

Thanks mate, plenty of little finishing touches to do yet really, just wanted to get it on road and have a shakedown and some miles before the dyno. As you can imagine after riding it I came back with an immediate list of things to adjust!! Think I'm gonna try some lighter fork oil as the forks seem a bit over damped, and need to check/readjust head bearings as the steering felt a little wobbly I may have just over torqued them a tad, oops

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 26 Jul 2015, 18:30

Completely take back what i said, that posted photo all painted up looks amazing! Completely changes the shape/lines.

Just looked initially droopy like you said.

yazza5454
Reactions:

Post by yazza5454 » 27 Jul 2015, 09:38

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Completely take back what i said, that posted photo all painted up looks amazing! Completely changes the shape/lines.

Just looked initially droopy like you said.
I'll be honest mate even I was thinking it didn't look great when it was just bolted on the bike without fairings, but now with the fairings on it looks at home on the bike and will certainly look good when painted. A lot of this stuff is about keeping in mind how it's gonna look at the end when all the bits come together and complement eachother and not step by step

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 29 Jul 2015, 17:51

Damn you apes!
More pics please!!!

yazza5454
Reactions:

Post by yazza5454 » 02 Aug 2015, 20:09

Having rode it the other weekend highlighted a few things needing some attention. As I've already mentioned I modified the fairing so I could move the clip ons back up, they fouled on full lock before - having rode it now it's infinitely more comfortable than it was last week. Also done some fibre glassing on the seat so it fits round the tank now.

Changed the chain adjuster bolts, the ones I had in were m8 but had a 10mm head, the mito adjuster blocks have a little recess and it pulled the head of the bolt into it so every time I adjusted it the fucking thing just went loose again so just put some normal m8 13mm head bolts in.

Another thing I noticed was it had leaked a bit of coolant, turned out when I fitted the clutch cover the o ring that goes on the tube that goes into the back of the water pump got damaged, so off that came, about 15 quid worth of gear oil dumped but at least it gave me a chance to check whether there was any crap in there, looked clean enough. New o ring, gear oil and full coolant change done.

The steering head bearings weren't torqued properly, re did that and now I can happily sit back and roll along none handed and it tracks dead straight.

Fuelling wise it's still rich and has to clear its throat a little bit much more rideable now, I don't want to lean it off any more until it's been on the dyno.

I rode to my mates and had no wrist or back ache at all, spot on. Did notice it felt a little vague front end, added a bit more rebound and it feels great now. It's so light it's telepathic. I'm really quite pleased with how it feels now, it's more confidence inspiring to ride than my Zx6 track bike.

Also considering it's still not set up properly it's now quite happy to roll on and whilst it's very brutal and rather sudden when it does come on the power, the mid range really ain't that bad and will only get better once the ignition is mapped and carbs are fully jetted.

Very happy, it feels like a different bike to last week.