This years early run over Snaefell Mtn. TT2019

Enough Said!
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
This years early run over Snaefell Mtn. TT2019

Post by Stumoores » 16 Jun 2019, 20:00

Monday of race week I set off for Heysham at the same time as McGuinness left the start line on Glencrutchery road for the start of the 1st Superbike race, I listened to the action on my new Fodsport Bluerider helmet intercom on the way up the M6 (not bad for £50). I got as far as Lancaster services and the race got red flagged ( RIP Daley) When I got to the booking desk at Heysham where there is usually a great big line of bikers from everywhere, the place was deserted, I thought I had fucked up, but no, it turns out the boat was as spare that they laid on in case any of the other crossings were having difficulties and because not had, only 24 bikes and 12 cars boarded! We were due in to Douglas at 6pm just as the roads were due to close for the evenings 600 racing. We docked at 5.30pm and I was first off as the door dropped for 5.40. I made good progress and got as far as St. John’s before being directed off the track towards Peel. After a quick pit stop at Shoprite for a bottle of Peaky Blinder Irish Whisky I made my way on the back roads to our barn. The action was ace straight away and we got a new winner ( well done Lee Johnston)
Tuesday was a wash out so we went on the piss, 1st in Douglas then down in Peel. Wednesdays racing got cancelled too but we managed a barby and had a laugh with some Italian folk.
Thursday I got up at 6am but by the time I made it to Ramsey for a blast over the top, some cock had binned it and the road was shut. I had a chin wag with a lad from Nottingham on a Gen 1 blade by the road barrier at the top of May Hill for 30 minutes then got pissed off waiting so I did a 180 and went back home for breakfast. Later on we went out and watched the 2nd Supersport 600 race from the Grandstand in Douglas. While the Sidecars were on we moved to the Church car park in Kirk Micheal for the Superstock race. ( Hickey was on fire)
Friday up at 4.30am Senior race day I got to Ramsey for 5.15am. Didn’t see much traffic and got veiled in the cloak of Mannanan. Love the TT.
Hickey should have won the Senior but the scruteneers

https://youtu.be/gQSCTpGIl-g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: This years early run over Snaefell Mtn. TT2019

Post by Clarkey » 16 Jun 2019, 22:48

Stumoores wrote:Monday of race week I set off for Heysham at the same time as McGuinness left the start line on Glencrutchery road for the start of the 1st Superbike race, I listened to the action on my new Fodsport Bluerider helmet intercom on the way up the M6 (not bad for £50). I got as far as Lancaster services and the race got red flagged ( RIP Daley) When I got to the booking desk at Heysham where there is usually a great big line of bikers from everywhere, the place was deserted, I thought I had fucked up, but no, it turns out the boat was as spare that they laid on in case any of the other crossings were having difficulties and because not had, only 24 bikes and 12 cars boarded! We were due in to Douglas at 6pm just as the roads were due to close for the evenings 600 racing. We docked at 5.30pm and I was first off as the door dropped for 5.40. I made good progress and got as far as St. John’s before being directed off the track towards Peel. After a quick pit stop at Shoprite for a bottle of Peaky Blinder Irish Whisky I made my way on the back roads to our barn. The action was ace straight away and we got a new winner ( well done Lee Johnston)
Tuesday was a wash out so we went on the piss, 1st in Douglas then down in Peel. Wednesdays racing got cancelled too but we managed a barby and had a laugh with some Italian folk.
Thursday I got up at 6am but by the time I made it to Ramsey for a blast over the top, some cock had binned it and the road was shut. I had a chin wag with a lad from Nottingham on a Gen 1 blade by the road barrier at the top of May Hill for 30 minutes then got pissed off waiting so I did a 180 and went back home for breakfast. Later on we went out and watched the 2nd Supersport 600 race from the Grandstand in Douglas. While the Sidecars were on we moved to the Church car park in Kirk Micheal for the Superstock race. ( Hickey was on fire)
Friday up at 4.30am Senior race day I got to Ramsey for 5.15am. Didn’t see much traffic and got veiled in the cloak of Mannanan. Love the TT.
Hickey should have won the Senior but the scruteneers

https://youtu.be/gQSCTpGIl-g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cheers for the post and video, am envious to say the least

Magical place... I've only been once and it was many years ago, but when my boys are a bit older I'd love to go again

Live Forever or Die Trying