New Suzuki riding member with a Q?

Recently joined us? Come in and say hello!
SuziSuziSuzi
Reactions:
New Suzuki riding member with a Q?

Post by SuziSuziSuzi » 19 Aug 2016, 10:46

Hello,
Hoping here is someone in the Waterloo/Crosby area who can help or even further afield if necessary.

Sort version is...

Due to the purchase of a house and my daughter being born I had to SORN my 13,500 mile well serviced SV650S K2 due to finances and coincidentally just after a very low speed drop which damaged th bikini panels and both brake levers.
After much searching I have now obtained the panels I need from eBay and ordered new brake levers and want to get it running again before I sell it to help fund purchase of a bigger bike.
Problem is battery is completely flat and it is fitted with a Dataool alarm which Datatool have told me might not work due to being flat for 3 yrs ish.

As a non runner the bike is worth maybe £600 but probably double that on a good day running so I really would like to get the engine running before selling it.

I HAVE TRIED TO CHARGE THE BIKE BATTERY BUT IT IS DEAD.
NO-ONE SEEMS TO SELL USED BATTERIES ON EBAY OR GUMTREE AT ALL FOR SV'S!
A NEW BATTERY IS £46 (1/10 of its value as a non-runner!) but I don't want to spend that if it won't get the bike working again due to the Datatool issue.
I don't have the expertise to remove the Datatool.

WHAT I NEED IS SOMEONE TO LEND ME THEIR SV OR SUITABLE BATTERY SO I CAN CONNECT IT TO MY BIKE AND SEE IF THE DASH LIGHTS UP AND IF IT ENABLES ME TO DISABLE THE DATATOOL WITH THE FOBS WHICH STILL HAVE POWER. THEN I WILL KNOW IF I HAVE TO SELL IT AS A NON-RUNNER OR IF I CAN GO AHEAD AND PURCHASE A NEW £46 BATTERY.

Hope someone can help with this, it is a 10 min test that could really help me out!

pip
VIP
Reactions:
Re: New Suzuki riding member with a Q?

Post by pip » 19 Aug 2016, 12:50

Hello and welcome.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 19 Aug 2016, 13:01

SuziSuziSuzi wrote:Hello,
Hoping here is someone in the Waterloo/Crosby area who can help or even further afield if necessary.

Sort version is...

Due to the purchase of a house and my daughter being born I had to SORN my 13,500 mile well serviced SV650S K2 due to finances and coincidentally just after a very low speed drop which damaged th bikini panels and both brake levers.
After much searching I have now obtained the panels I need from eBay and ordered new brake levers and want to get it running again before I sell it to help fund purchase of a bigger bike.
Problem is battery is completely flat and it is fitted with a Dataool alarm which Datatool have told me might not work due to being flat for 3 yrs ish.

As a non runner the bike is worth maybe £600 but probably double that on a good day running so I really would like to get the engine running before selling it.

A NEW BATTERY IS £46 (1/10 of its value as a non-runner!) but I don't want to spend that if it won't get the bike working again due to the Datatool issue.

WHAT I NEED IS SOMEONE TO LEND ME THEIR SV OR SUITABLE BATTERY SO I CAN CONNECT IT TO MY BIKE AND SEE IF THE DASH LIGHTS UP AND IF IT ENABLES ME TO DISABLE THE DATATOOL WITH THE FOBS WHICH STILL HAVE POWER. THEN I WILL KNOW IF I HAVE TO SELL IT AS A NON-RUNNER OR IF I CAN GO AHEAD AND PURCHASE A NEW £46 BATTERY.

Hope someone can help with this, it is a 10 min test that could really help me out!
Someone else may tell you this is a terrible idea so wait for the general consensus before acting on this, but I'd be tempted to just leave the dead battery in and use jump leads from another big bike, or perhaps even a car battery?

Good luck

Live Forever or Die Trying

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 19 Aug 2016, 13:34

The data tool can be bypassed so not all lost there or replacement bought

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 19 Aug 2016, 15:14

You can use a car battery or a jump start kit to give it a go if u use a car battery don't turn the car on. But yes if u can't disable the data tool alarm it can be bypassed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 19 Aug 2016, 18:12

Clarkey wrote:
SuziSuziSuzi wrote:Hello,

Sort version is...

Someone else may tell you this is a terrible idea so wait for the general consensus before acting on this, but I'd be tempted to just leave the dead battery in and use jump leads from another big bike, or perhaps even a car battery?

Good luck

Live Forever or Die Trying
+1
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 19 Aug 2016, 18:16

If you use a jump start via whatever means don't disconnect the power source with the SV running. You'll fry the reg/rec in no time.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 20 Aug 2016, 22:46

What he said

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 20 Aug 2016, 22:47

anyone do a double take at the poster's name??

Richie848evo
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Richie848evo » 21 Aug 2016, 08:24

bloke wrote:anyone do a double take at the poster's name??
Oh I do hope so Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk