Hi Again

Recently joined us? Come in and say hello!
Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Hi Again

Post by Dave_W » 07 May 2017, 20:50

Not been on for 12 months. Usual excuses so won't bore. Hope to get on a few good rides this year. I'll undoubtedly be bring up the rear (nearly said coming up the rear but realised there's too much ammo in that one). Good to be back and hope I can catch a few of you this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Hi Again

Post by Cabernet » 07 May 2017, 20:58

Welcome back D. You still on that big Suzuki
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 08 May 2017, 06:30

Hi Cab. Not any more. I moved down to an SV 650. Bit lacking on the motorway but otherwise great fun. You still on the Guzzi?

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 08 May 2017, 06:55

Yes, no change here.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 08 May 2017, 07:16

Was thinking of getting a triumph bobber when I changed bikes but thought my back could do a few more years of lean. Situation reviewed in 2 years when I hit five oh!

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 08 May 2017, 19:55

I can't even cope with an adventurer for more than a few hours in comfort.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 12 May 2017, 09:54

Cabernet wrote:I can't even cope with an adventurer for more than a few hours in comfort.
How so?
I thought adventure bikes were very comfortable due to their intended nature; sitting in the saddle for long periods of time, on a daily basis.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 14 May 2017, 08:17

pch1 wrote:
Cabernet wrote:I can't even cope with an adventurer for more than a few hours in comfort.
How so?
I thought adventure bikes were very comfortable due to their intended nature; sitting in the saddle for long periods of time, on a daily basis.
I find Adventurers, like crusiers and some tourers, can situate my back in a perpendicular position, so any bumps both compress my spine and get transfered undamped to my butt. A modest prone position means a bump is absorbed by my upper body yielding and pivoting around my hips and being absorbed through my thigh muscles on to the foot rests. I also believe the suspension and tyres are assisted by upper body yielding, smoothing shock loads by acting as a mass damper.

For a go anywhere machine, Adventurers like the Transalp or Tenere or KTM 690 or CCM450GP or CRF250L Rally are obvious choices. But most of these like the Super Adventurer class typically are nothing more than Chelsea tractors, bought for fashion rather than function. For (solo) Sunday touring or €pean tarmac holidays I find lightly faired middle weight roadsters with a modest prone far more appealing and comfortable on the spine, butt and wallet.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 14 May 2017, 08:29

To put the above in context. The Kawasaki middle weights for me
The Versys 650, too sat up right.
The ZX6r too prone.
The Ninja 650 Tourer, Goldilocks.

Suzuki;
DL650 V-strom, too perpendicular
GSX-R600, too prone
GSX-S750, too many cylinders
SV650 2017, with fly screen, Goldilocks

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 14 May 2017, 08:40

Goldilocks? What are they Cab?