Honda plans RVF1000 V4 superbike

Talk about anything bike related.
SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 17 Feb 2016, 19:20

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new- ... superbike/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Honda plans RVF1000 V4 superbike

Post by CRM » 18 Feb 2016, 07:52

Yawn - more MCN bollocks and Honda mockups.
there has been talk of this for as long as i can remember how, the fact they dilute any credibility they once had by diluting everything with the classic RC30 scheme in a last ditch effort to flog a couple more bikes to folk wanting to relive the "honda legends"
Sadly for me, Honda may as well make washing machines for all the appeal they have. Back in the good old days they were innovated and were often leading the way in many areas and directions producing special bikes that people actually wanted.
Now made to a budget, run by bean counters and not much left in the appeal department they are producing sterile bikes with flimsy build, thin paint and all looking a bit cheaply made.

We buy bikes with our hearts not our heads, sure without doubt some are quick, but are they ahead over the competition ? no i don't think so.

Lets face it Honda were at the top of the game in the late 80's and 90's with some fine machines produced, but 5 mins in a new Honda hospital showroom - well maybe they should put a bowl of werthers by the door and provide slippers for you.

Coming from someone who was a huge Honda fan it pains me to say they can just fuck right off - and keep fucking off when they get there. So in short, if Honda did produce something wild and exciting, then it would either be out of the price range of us mere mortals or be as dull as their "sports commuter" 250 or 300 things that weigh as much as a small planet, made from monkey metal and excite as much as a beige 19" monitor. On the upside it will probably do around 70 mpg - woopee do. i will take a nissan micra for my commute thanks
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 18 Feb 2016, 08:51

And they still outsell every other marque in the UK.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 18 Feb 2016, 08:52

And they still outsell every other marque in the UK.
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 18 Feb 2016, 09:40

Imageback to the glory days with a secret Honda Works NR in titanium, basically a V8 engine with them lovely oval pistons. Wasn't even fast- just freaking cool.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 18 Feb 2016, 09:55

Stumoores wrote:And they still outsell every other marque in the UK.
heard you the first time ;)

Perhaps they do, i guess in terms of dull as fuck commuter bikes there is still a reasonable market for a bike that will survive more than one winter before it dissolves.
That said i am not so sure judging by the new CBR300 - supersport lol
I was shocked when you start poking around modern Honda's under the skin just how many corners have been cut (and your fingers on rough edges and castings) compared to not so long ago.
Shame really as prices are salty - maybe that's why they are corroding a bit quicker these days.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 18 Feb 2016, 10:01

these are from an era when Honda made some stunning kit, made from the finest materials and were still affordable.
I have owned this from 2001 and it was new in 1990 so is now what - 26 years old ?, it gets used all year round, has been ridden in torrential rain, snow and gritted winter roads. It has nearly 30k under it's belt now and yet with a strip once a year and proper deep clean, some ACF50 action and scottoil spray - i challenge any 5 year old new honda to look as rot free as this after like for like use.

johnnyrotten13
Reactions:

Post by johnnyrotten13 » 18 Feb 2016, 12:08

crm get yourself a blackbird all the criticism will then disappear,best bike out there by far!! mines 16 year old gets used everyday in all weathers, never a dull moment never a problem ,nothing comfier with a few mods and still goes like a rocket ship.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 18 Feb 2016, 12:17

I rate the older blackbird highly. Done plenty of miles on the smooth carbed version and it was a joy to ride.

And just in case people may assume i am anti Honda - you couldn't be further from the truth, as said its the new stuff i think is below average IMO. those that know me and know what bikes i own, also know that 80% of them are Honda's

That said, if Honda did make a 600cc modern V4 that was styled well (not like the pointy beak ducati / ktm love child) and around 10k - i would be the first in the queue for sure.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 18 Feb 2016, 13:46

Followed by me.
I rarely cleaned my RVF400 but it was immaculate and rained every sodding time i left the house.

Very well made yet still not as good as its big sister the NC30 apparently. Miss her so much