Reactions:
Re: getting pins and needles in my hands after riding for 10

Post by NEL » 30 Jun 2015, 18:09

You need to speak to jim27 as he has had this problem

GixxerD
Reactions:

Post by GixxerD » 01 Jul 2015, 16:08

If its a tingling and numb sensation it could be the ulna nerve being trapped, is it little and 3rd finger or all of them ? The same happened to me on a speed triple after a scotland trip and had to have an op on me elbow to relieve the pressure, could also be where it crosses the palm.. relaxing grip on the bars and as said about the arm elbow exercises might help.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 01 Jul 2015, 17:01

I had a 2001 sprint ST & a 2010 sprint GT and suffered pins & needles on both those bikes, I always thought it something peculiar to the triple, but I couldn't say with any certainty.

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 04 Jul 2015, 20:51

Things to try.

Loosen wrist strap on your glove some people have these to tight so the strap can cause a pressure point.
Make sure the fatter part of your palm is on the grip, this also helps push your elbows out a bit so they are wider than your shoulders.
Try to keep fore arms parallel to the road.
Take more weight with your core muscles.

Something I often do is to just touch the grips with thumb and forefinger while riding (in a straight line is best ;) ) to make sure my weight is balanced.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 05 Jul 2015, 12:13

I've got the same problem too, and it's only been happening since wednesday when i picked up my new bike. I've ridden big displacement flat twins before but either mine is slightly off or there is a lose bolt somewhere but my right wrist goes completely numb very quickly after said pins and needles. Taking my bike to southport BMW to ask what they think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 05 Jul 2015, 20:52

I changed to a softer compound grips aswell and put the original bar end weights back on as they were heavier than the r&g ones and appear to dampen the vibrations a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk