Half Price IAM training to under 30's

Talk about anything bike related.
Andrew Bloomer
Reactions:
Re: Half Price IAM training to under 30's

Post by Andrew Bloomer » 18 Sep 2015, 09:59

The course comprises an initial assessment with Gordon who will give you a few pointers and then you'll be allocated an Observer who will work with you on a 1-1 basis, for as long as it takes to get you up to standard. You will meet at a time and place to suit both parties and each Observed run will last about 90-120 mins.

The course is very flexible and enjoyable for all parties and some people get to test standard within a few weeks whilst others take far longer - it really doesn't matter either way, because at the end hopefully you'll all pass your test.

What have you got to lose???

Andrew Bloomer
Reactions:

Post by Andrew Bloomer » 18 Sep 2015, 10:01

Marco wrote:Do u have to live in the area to take advantage?
All the runs will start in the Warrington area, because that is where our Group is based. Two of our normal meeting points are Lymm Services or Let's Eat Cafe on the A49.

We have had Associates come to us from all over the North West and we are very flexible and work on a 1-1 basis.

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 18 Sep 2015, 11:33

Andrew Bloomer wrote:
All the runs will start in the Warrington area, because that is where our Group is based. Two of our normal meeting points are Lymm Services or Let's Eat Cafe on the A49.

We have had Associates come to us from all over the North West and we are very flexible and work on a 1-1 basis.
But can you still qualify for the 50% discount if u don't live in the area as long as u can get to the meet point?

Andrew Bloomer
Reactions:

Post by Andrew Bloomer » 18 Sep 2015, 13:07

Marco wrote:
Andrew Bloomer wrote:

But can you still qualify for the 50% discount if u don't live in the area as long as u can get to the meet point?
Yep - so long as you sign up with our Group and do the Observed runs with us you can live anywhere :)

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 18 Sep 2015, 19:30

Andrew Bloomer wrote:
Marco wrote:
Andrew Bloomer wrote: All the runs will start in the Warrington area, because that is where our Group is based. Two of our normal meeting points are Lymm Services or Let's Eat Cafe on the A49.

Yep - so long as you sign up with our Group and do the Observed runs with us you can live anywhere :)
Cheers that's all I was wondering. Think this will be next pay day then. Do u no when the offer runs out?

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 18 Sep 2015, 22:44

I wouldn't even think 40 would cover there fuel costs riding to where you meet taking you out then riding home after a few sessions I'd think they would be putting fuel in out there own pockets

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 18 Sep 2015, 23:04

SMUDGER wrote:I wouldn't even think 40 would cover there fuel costs riding to where you meet taking you out then riding home after a few sessions I'd think they would be putting fuel in out there own pockets

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
Yep , this alway as been the case . Our group charge £5 fuel each session not up front . Most observers donate that £5 to our charity pot ,but it's not compulsory , and at the end of the year we total it up and donate to a charity. Last year we collected over £750 and this went to the air ambulance and the fire fighters charity fund .
:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 19 Sep 2015, 06:54

We just had to buy the drinks at the de-brief, but £5 going to those charities sounds very acceptable.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 19 Sep 2015, 07:31

It's changed in the last few years Kev, every group can charge for fuel and most take it. Quite rightly so too . Lots of theses riders give up a lot of time not to mention wear and tear on the bike etc. I mean what does £5 buy somebody these days ? .....next to nothing .
:

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Half Price IAM training to under 30's

Post by Pacuk » 19 Sep 2015, 14:00

We spent longer at the meeting point than we did riding, did about 25-30 mins per week then went mcdonalds.. Wish I'd travelled to your group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk