INSURANCE RANT

Talk about anything bike related.
cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:
INSURANCE RANT

Post by cupidstunt » 19 Sep 2015, 20:55

I trust that cabernet twunt will find the following highly amusing
Today i got a letter off my insurance informing me that they will not be able to insure me fore next year based on what i told them when i took the policy out .Now the only thing that is different from last year is im a year older(65) i declared all mods ect i have not had any accidents or points .Iphoned them up but could only speak to one of their programmed robots who could not tell me why so one of the managers is going to call me on monday i have both barrels ready Im not going to insure with them anyway so its their loss just want to know why but the best bit is that its............FOOKIN SAGA who are the insurers :lol:
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

BigDan1190
VIP
Reactions:
Re: INSURANCE RANT

Post by BigDan1190 » 19 Sep 2015, 21:20

Not worth getting pissy over though, insurance is a MASSIVE, overly complicated equation. Its most likely that you no longer fit their target customer profile and therefore can't make money from you.

Simply go compare.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 19 Sep 2015, 21:27

you are so right thats what it will be not holding my breath on an honest reason from them but want the satisfaction of saying my piece

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 19 Sep 2015, 21:45

http://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or for mobile...
m.quotes.thebikeinsurer.co.uk

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 19 Sep 2015, 21:46

Saga have recently changed from being in it for the 50+ crowd to now being in it for as much profit as possible. If you're not 50+ with cash in the bank and a high level of disposable income how are they meant to sell you vastly overpriced holidays and wine club memberships? Selling 50+ insurance is what they consider a "gateway service" that gets them access to their "ideal" target audience to whom they can then market the sh*t out of their other more profitable products/services. Be thankful they've cut the strings as your junk mail and telesales pestering will probably reduce too.
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 20 Sep 2015, 22:15

I feel your pain, though i'm more than half your age and have just sold my car and bought a cheaper, older & much less powerful and prestige car for £750, cheapest quote i could get was £475 FC, the car i sold was £100 FC
Shot myself in the foot but cannot find it cheaper anywhere else.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 21 Sep 2015, 13:38

UPDATE.......They phoned me to day couldnt give me a reason why they didnt want my business couldnt apologise enough so they insured me for the same price as i paid last year result..................The only thing i can think it may of been is that they got me mixed up with that old decrepid person from denton

BigDan1190
VIP
Reactions:

Post by BigDan1190 » 21 Sep 2015, 23:40

BigDan1190 wrote:Not worth getting pissy over though, insurance is a MASSIVE, overly complicated equation. Its most likely that you no longer fit their target customer profile and therefore can't make money from you.

Simply go compare.
You'll be speaking to another phone jockey who couldn't give a fuck.

Trust me, i'm one of them.