Textiles

Talk about anything bike related.
gmercer1
Reactions:
Textiles

Post by gmercer1 » 07 Oct 2015, 09:20

Looking to buy some new textiles and a waterproof suit.

Any ideas on decent shops around the NW?

Thanks

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Textiles

Post by Occams Razor » 07 Oct 2015, 11:32

Race leathers in Darwen, check out the Halvarssons and Lindstrands gear. And the breasts.

Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Pacuk » 07 Oct 2015, 11:59

gmercer1 wrote:Looking to buy some new textiles and a waterproof suit.

Thanks
You could always go to the nec show in a few weeks.. Normally recuduced compared to shop proce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 07 Oct 2015, 13:10

Pacuk wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Looking to buy some new textiles and a waterproof suit.

Thanks
You could always go to the nec show in a few weeks.. Normally recuduced compared to shop proce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That always used to be the case for sure but have you not found that as the years go on the bargains there seem to be getting less?

I think internet suppliers have brought prices more in line maybe?

To answer the original post I'd (as always) recommend Shorrocks in Preston. They've got a reasonable selection, very helpful staff and will always do a deal if you ask

Can't say the same about their mechanics from my experience, I only had a tyre fitted there and they balls‘d it up, but for parts and kit they're my first choice

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 07 Oct 2015, 15:45

depends how much you want to spend !

Dainese are top quality stuff along with Alpine stars , These are at the Rocket in Blackburn .
As Phil says Halvarssons at Race Leathers Darwen .
As clarky says Shorrocks have a mixture of all above and cheaper makes
Real cheap gear can be had at Ghostbikes in Preston
Theres also a huge selection at J and S in Cheshire
:

Andrew Bloomer
Reactions:

Post by Andrew Bloomer » 07 Oct 2015, 16:25

BMW Streetguard clothing are the dogs bo**ox, albeit expensive.

Can get from BMW Williams on Chester Road in Manchester.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 07 Oct 2015, 18:12

Andrew Bloomer wrote:BMW Streetguard clothing are the dogs bo**ox, albeit expensive.

You do have the massive disadvantage of having to wear a BMW badge then though... I think I'd rather just risk it and grow my skin back, lol

Jokes aside, how do you know it's the dogs danglies for sure, have you been unfortunate enough to have an accident wearing some? (Or if it's good kit perhaps fortunately, but you know what I mean)
Last edited by Clarkey on 07 Oct 2015, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 07 Oct 2015, 18:14

Dave wrote:depends how much you want to spend !

Dainese are top quality stuff along with Alpine stars , These are at the Rocket in Blackburn .
As Phil says Halvarssons at Race Leathers Darwen .
As clarky says Shorrocks have a mixture of all above and cheaper makes
Real cheap gear can be had at Ghostbikes in Preston
Theres also a huge selection at J and S in Cheshire
I looked at alpine stars stuff as that's what I'd always wanted, but the mid race / everyday stuff didn't seen as substantial as I was expecting, and seemed fairly on par quality wise with RST, though obviously you can't really tell when you're stood in a shop feeling it

Furygan seemed good, well made and quite substantial, but again you can never really tell how good something is until you come to test it, and protective stuff is something you buy hoping to never really use!

Don't buy Frank Thomas, lots of it cheap in J&S and at bike shows, but it's scarily bad quality

gmercer1
Reactions:

Post by gmercer1 » 08 Oct 2015, 10:31

Cheers for the responses all. I'll be out and about this weekend spending some money! Just don't tell the wife

Andrew Bloomer
Reactions:

Post by Andrew Bloomer » 08 Oct 2015, 11:58

Clarkey wrote:
Andrew Bloomer wrote:BMW Streetguard clothing are the dogs bo**ox, albeit expensive.

You do have the massive disadvantage of having to wear a BMW badge then though... I think I'd rather just risk it and grow my skin back, lol

Jokes aside, how do you know it's the dogs danglies for sure, have you been unfortunate enough to have an accident wearing some? (Or if it's good kit perhaps fortunately, but you know what I mean)
I'm 6'4" tall and they are the best fitting kit I've ever had and keep you warm in the winter without having to wear lots of layers. Never fallen off so can't tell you what they are like in an accident (let's hope this remains the case)!!!

I did have a problem with them after I'd had them for about 18mths after a ride out in very heavy rain - I called BMW and they replaced them without any questions asked, so customer service was also excellent!

As I said - expensive (best part of £1K for trousers & jacket) but I'm very happy with them.