Not many left anymore

Talk about anything bike related.
Pacuk
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Not many left anymore

Post by Pacuk » 25 Jul 2016, 11:06

Fronkey wrote:We aim to ride down. Last yea it lashed it down so we jumped in my car. No fun going around the park in wet clothes. We aim to do it on a Wednesday or Thursday after the kids go back to school. The park is empty so you dont have to queue at all. Front on nemesis oh yea

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Can't do nemesis anymore :( .. It'd be good to do a trip and do Thorpe park.. This is my favourite ride there

Topper
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Topper » 11 Aug 2016, 20:33

I'm still here now and then.
I joined the forum to round up some bikers to join in on a white ribbon event in aid of domestic violence. The turn out was fantastic, we had a great day, the riders who turned up all gave their time relentlessly. I then took part in a few rides with Daz & Mozz & Benny........they were great days.

We need to get back to that type of club................ but how.......... I don't know.

Is there anything on here about the ride to the wall in Oct?.............maybe we could unite the forum and make a presence there? Catch up, have a laugh, maybe even kick start some more regular days out to Aber and the likes. ;)
:D Manners cost nowt.......so.....use em!! :D

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 11 Aug 2016, 20:40

It has never been the same since Benny died IMO.
he was just the best at gearing everyone up for a ride, he was ALWAYS up for a spin and needed to excuse.
It would be good to get a load to meet up somewhere again one weekend even if somewhere like the Tap for a quick drink and natter with some new faces.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

Topper
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Topper » 11 Aug 2016, 20:47

CRM wrote:It has never been the same since Benny died IMO.
he was just the best at gearing everyone up for a ride, he was ALWAYS up for a spin and needed to excuse.
It would be good to get a load to meet up somewhere again one weekend even if somewhere like the Tap for a quick drink and natter with some new faces.

I agree............good :idea: ;)

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 11 Aug 2016, 21:15

Topper wrote: I agree............good :idea: ;)
I recall a good spin out with Tops
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Topper
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Topper » 12 Aug 2016, 22:12

Cabernet wrote:

Yes indeed sir. You certainly taught me a trick or two Kev........ and nearly made me shit my pants :D and you were only riding slow you said :oops:

I think you were one of the first guys I met at Chester services.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 12 Aug 2016, 22:35

Topper wrote:
Cabernet wrote:

Yes indeed sir. You certainly taught me a trick or two Kev........ and nearly made me shit my pants :D and you were only riding slow you said :oops:

I think you were one of the first guys I met at Chester services.
a well known cottaging spot for Cab

Jim27
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jim27 » 12 Aug 2016, 22:44

That atmosphere came from a grass roots willingness to make the effort regularly, not just occasionally. We'd all meet up religiously every Sunday morning at Millenium Motorcycles for a dose of salmonella and again on Wednesday evenings at the Scotch. It was that knowledge that there was ALWAYS a NWB contingent at both meetings that made people feel part of a bigger family - knowing you could head there even if you were on your own and there would always be some friendly faces there when you arrived.

I said friendly, not pretty :lol:

Folk got a bit bored though, and suggested moving the meet around to different locations. Some were tried but never really stuck. Then it all went tits up with Sue. Add to that losing a couple of members and the horrendous fallout from that, resentment aimed at the mods/admin by both sides of a rift for not taking one side or another and everyone saw their arse in some manner or other.

Mods/admin got pissed off for having to deal with tantrums and demands from X to ban Y for something done or said off the forum, then Y demanding X gets banned, then (as has been said) other members who revelled in playing agent provocateur and playing both sides to cause maximum aggro. After that I think many people just slunk off into their own personal shadows to lick their wounds, calm down or just generally distance themselves from it all to avoid giving themselves a stroke (or someone else a broken nose).

Since then it's just simmered along quietly.

Add in the change in forum to the new setup, and the confusion over re-registration and it all combines to put a lid on a pot that was previously bubbling over but is now just keeping warm.

It's still here, most of us are still here. Some of us have taken on new responsibilities (work, families, personal issues, etc.) and have less time to be on here or on the bikes in general but we're still around.

I've shown my face a few times at the Scotch and Southport on a Wednesday night over the last 12 months and sometimes there isn't a single NWB face. I've asked on FB and folk just tend to shrug or dodge it. Maybe because they have grudges. Maybe because they have other commitments these days. Maybe because I farted on their head last time I saw them and it left a stain. Who knows...
Jim's words of wisdom:
We're here for a good time, not a long time.
The power to change your life comes from taking total responsibility for it.

Topper
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Topper » 13 Aug 2016, 06:31

Well said Jim

SMUDGER
VIP
Reactions:

Post by SMUDGER » 13 Aug 2016, 07:35

I started to try get some rides going couple year back think I did 4 or 5 arranged meets in a row nobody showed so I just sit and wait and decide last minute were to go if any are posted week runs I don't bother with as work commitments dont have the free time I used to and weekends is dived between having kids so my days are not as good but I keep my eyes open on the forum..