Assistance from Road Traffic Act nerd please.

Talk about anything bike related.
Marco
Reactions:
Re: Assistance from Road Traffic Act nerd please.

Post by Marco » 21 Nov 2016, 02:24

Just spoke to a couple coppers and they said i shouldn't do it as the danger is increased as in car indicating could block my view of other oncoming vehicles. I put it to them as going around the oncoming stationary vehicle indicating right across my path. I think it's more a dangerous driving thing tho as that's down to each coppers judgment he didn't say under any law it's illegal just that it's a lot more dangerous. So depending on copper or what ever outcome it would have would determine legality really. But judges go off case law

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 21 Nov 2016, 07:16

Stangely perverse isn't it.

The general consensus is that we should.use a piece of road because it is the accepted norm, that puts ourselves on a piece of tarmac that is desirable to a complete stranger and therefore in conflict with them and their progress. We enstrust that stranger has the senses to become suitably aware of our presence, the training to understand what is required of them and the strength of character to carry out those requirements despite it being to the detriment of their own agenda.

On the flip side the manoeuvre as drawn would place us on an undesired, thus safer piece of tarmac.

In most other areas of riding we are taught to avoid conflicting paths with other vehicles. Yet here the opposite appears true.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 21 Nov 2016, 12:13

I have to ask why you would want to do such a dangerous manouver in my book i would class that as reckless and you would be your own worst enemy plus what if anything you would gain from it ?
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 21 Nov 2016, 12:41

cupidstunt wrote:I have to ask why you would want to do such a dangerous manouver in my book i would class that as reckless and you would be your own worst enemy plus what if anything you would gain from it ?
This manoeuvre could be used in a few circumstances such as the cars are moving slowly in ur direction or stopped and as we see so often no one lets the on coming car turn to carry on there journey so why should inconsiderate people slow down or stop everyone when you as the rider could just go around the lot?

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 21 Nov 2016, 12:49

cupidstunt wrote:I have to ask why you would want to do such a dangerous manouver in my book i would class that as reckless and you would be your own worst enemy plus what if anything you would gain from it ?
Good question. You'd have to ask the rider concerned, although I am sure, "unhindered progress" would be the response.
I am sure you would agree that a forum is a better place to discuss the merits and traits with learned peers, rather than to debate with ones self and experiment on the highway.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 21 Nov 2016, 13:01

The answer to this is to allow more time for your journey and be more patient. My thinking is so long as i come home in one piece then im happy wwhy put yourself at risk ?

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 21 Nov 2016, 13:09

cupidstunt wrote:The answer to this is to allow more time for your journey and be more patient. My thinking is so long as i come home in one piece then im happy wwhy put yourself at risk ?
Then don't get out of bed.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 21 Nov 2016, 13:22

Would you like to come and spend a night in my pit ?

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 21 Nov 2016, 14:09

I'm with cupidstunt on this, rush and you're bound to come a cropper.

Just been pulled on the motorway for manoeuvring without indicating.

Checked my indicators and the dreadded water ingress has had them, completely corroded after 16months, got off with a warning as the front ones work and he said my riding for the conditions wasn't dangerous at all.

Points don't mean prizes is my motto

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 22 Nov 2016, 02:20

The forum is defiantly the place for this as we all ride because we enjoy it. Stick this up on a FB page the the responses would descend into a slagging match which helps no one. I Think this manoeuvre would have to be taken as a don't do it but I think there will be a time and a place to warrant it like. You can give ur self more time per journey to avoid it but things do happen beyond your control