Brand affiliation

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Brand affiliation

Post by Clarkey » 03 Feb 2018, 10:30

Which motorbike brand do you feel most affiliated with and why?

For me it's maybe still Yamaha, even though I don't currently have one with no plans to get another.

My very first bike when I was 17 was a Q plated XT600E. It introduced me to riding, started my understanding of different engine configurations, and I had amazing fun on it.

A good few years later, after owning twins, fours and a 2 stroke, I bought an SZR660 which had a very similar engine, and other than it was a bit temperamental and hard to work on, I loved the thing

I guess following Lorenzo for many years on a Yamaha helped too, even though he's moved on now

What's yours?

Live Forever or Die Trying

Last edited by Clarkey on 03 Feb 2018, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Brand affiliation

Post by cupidstunt » 03 Feb 2018, 12:03

Ditto Yamaha for me just find them to be a great bike in every respect now had my xjr 1300 for 12 years and its never missed a beat cant ask for more than that would never sell it plus if i were to sell it i would only be dropping about less than a grand to what i paid for it as they have really held their value.
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 03 Feb 2018, 12:31

To clarify above i paid £3000 twelve years ago for it they are now fetching between £2000 -£2700
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 03 Feb 2018, 12:41

I don't associate with a brand per say. There is one brand I wouldn't give house room. Well least not their OHC models. Beyond that, it is down to box ticking for the intended purpose. The SH300i is currently ticking alot of boxes.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 03 Feb 2018, 16:15

cupidstunt wrote:To clarify above i paid £3000 twelve years ago for it they are now fetching between £2000 -£2700
I had my SZR 8 - 9 years and sold it for 100 quid less than I paid. Crazy.

I agree though, they're generally well made, nothing flash but nice

There's not many bikes (unfortunately) do anything for me anymore, but am MT01 has been on the list for a while. They were selling off stock when it was discontinued for (I think) 6 - 7k brand new - they're still going for at least that now - kick myself everytime i think about it, but I didn't have the money then so meh

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 03 Feb 2018, 16:15

Cabernet wrote:I don't associate with a brand per say.
You're such a turd sometimes aren't ya, lol

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 03 Feb 2018, 16:32

Clarkey wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 16:15
Cabernet wrote:I don't associate with a brand per say.
You're such a turd sometimes aren't ya, lol

I feel the luv.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Feb 2018, 18:38

I would love to say Benelli but then I have only owned the one, but the owners club is astonishingly good which made my expensive ownership enjoyable. The bike was immense to ride, looked completely different to everything else, sounded different, used different tech and was a twat to get parts for... but i’d own another in a heart beat.
Failing that Honda- because my Dads 76’ GL1000 is on its original clutch, (oil after first service), brakes, only just had new tyres due to one going bald, never needed any work other than exhausts as he took it for a lay down on his drunken wedding day. Also worth way more now than new.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 03 Feb 2018, 18:40

rumpoldstilskin wrote:I would love to say Benelli but then I have only owned the one, but the owners club is astonishingly good which made my expensive ownership enjoyable. The bike was immense to ride, looked completely different to everything else, sounded different, used different tech and was a twat to get parts for... but i’d own another in a heart beat.
Failing that Honda- because my Dads 76’ GL1000 is on its original clutch, (oil after first service), brakes, only just had new tyres due to one going bald, never needed any work other than exhausts as he took it for a lay down on his drunken wedding day. Also worth way more now than new.
Tornado right? How long did you own it for and what kinda milage did you do on it? Saw one in a bike shop yesterday, there's still something very cool about them - I should have taken up your offer for a go on it before it went!

jimmytanko
Reactions:

Post by jimmytanko » 04 Feb 2018, 00:36

I've had plenty of bikes in the last 4 or so years I've been riding, 4 Hondas, 2 aprilias, one triumph, one yamaha, one suzuki, one vespa, a ducati and a cagiva. Wish I'd kept the Honda NC30 and the Aprilia Tuono.
Really like older Hondas, and like the newer xsr yamahas.
Also have a soft spot for Guzzi's because they are different from the rest.
Also want a bmw R1100S boxer cup replica (don't know why but I really like em)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk