Rump....

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Rump....

Post by Clarkey » 28 Aug 2018, 22:24

Come on, you buy stuff on a whim... Get this and let me have a go... It was less than £7k brand new so I'm sure it's well built, and at 300cc it'll be a Ferrari killer...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3149435270

Live Forever or Die Trying

Last edited by Clarkey on 28 Aug 2018, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Rump....

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 29 Aug 2018, 00:10

Clarkey wrote:Come on, you buy stuff on a whim... Get this and let me have a go... It was less than £7k brand new so I'm sure it's well built, and at 300cc it'll be a Ferrari killer...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3149435270

Actually drove/rode/just sort of survived while it did what it wanted a few months ago before my latest hospital staycationn in Magaluf Image.
I hired a yellow one there for €40 for the day, great things- honestly very surprised.
I’m back there in October with the mrs if she hasn’t been traded in, if the shop is open (school hols so should be) i’ll hire again and do a lil review for you/video my turd filled pants for tour viewing pleasure.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 01 Sep 2018, 22:55

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 00:10
Actually drove/rode/just sort of survived while it did what it wanted a few months ago before my latest hospital staycationn in Magaluf Image.
I hired a yellow one there for €40 for the day, great things- honestly very surprised.
I’m back there in October with the mrs if she hasn’t been traded in, if the shop is open (school hols so should be) i’ll hire again and do a lil review for you/video my turd filled pants for tour viewing pleasure.
Sorry - didn't realise you'd replied. Oh, so you hired a similar beast? To be honest, I bet it'd be pretty fun for the odd ride, but they look like they're built pretty cheaply so not sure how they'd take English weather, and 300cc on a vehicle of that size is going to full throttle all the time isn't it?

Was the hospital visit related to the car?

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 07 Sep 2018, 00:52

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Sorry - didn't realise you'd replied. Oh, so you hired a similar beast? To be honest, I bet it'd be pretty fun for the odd ride, but they look like they're built pretty cheaply so not sure how they'd take English weather, and 300cc on a vehicle of that size is going to full throttle all the time isn't it?

It were pretty dang pokey to be honest.

It were related to Ryan Air’s air con or lack thereof. I caught some epic chest infection along with loads of others, partied through it then felt dead about 4 days in.
Went the doctors and they thought i was having a heart attack Image. Sats at 60%, blood pressure sky high- just had a head ache and kept coughing up blood. Great hospital system over there though, in and on a ward in 60mins plus sexy translator.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 07 Sep 2018, 20:20

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

It were related to Ryan Air’s air con or lack thereof. I caught some epic chest infection along with loads of others, partied through it then felt dead about 4 days in.
Went the doctors and they thought i was having a heart attack Image. Sats at 60%, blood pressure sky high- just had a head ache and kept coughing up blood. Great hospital system over there though, in and on a ward in 60mins plus sexy translator.
Not quite what you had in mind for the holiday!

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 08 Sep 2018, 12:09

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

Wont be getting this again without some insurance next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 08 Sep 2018, 13:00

lee wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote: Sorry - didn't realise you'd replied. Oh, so you hired a similar beast? To be honest, I bet it'd be pretty fun for the odd ride, but they look like they're built pretty cheaply so not sure how they'd take English weather, and 300cc on a vehicle of that size is going to full throttle all the time isn't it?

I had insurance but you still have to pay up front, Circa £400 then £3.5k to my insurers. Still not got my £400 back despite this being in May.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 08 Sep 2018, 14:15

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
lee wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote: It were pretty dang pokey to be honest.

I had insurance but you still have to pay up front, Circa £400 then £3.5k to my insurers. Still not got my £400 back despite this being in May.
At the moment you can get free treatment with the ehic.
A no deal brexit would see an end to this.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 09 Sep 2018, 21:13

lee wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
lee wrote: Wont be getting this again without some insurance next year.

At the moment you can get free treatment with the ehic.
A no deal brexit would see an end to this.

I tried that but they said no and charged me.