Fishing for lurkers...

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Fishing for lurkers...

Post by Clarkey » 08 Mar 2019, 17:04

Marco wrote:I still have my two zx6’s. haven’t ridden in a year coz of finances but I am getting her ready to go for an mot soon. I have missed the freedom far far far too much bring on the sun!!
Cheers for the post @Marco - so why did you end up with two zx6's? Are they different years and therefore much different to ride? I used to have a track bike zx6r, engine was awesome
norifan wrote:Still here lurkingImage looking forward to the 1st GP of the season. Still riding my CB1100, RD400 and little 48 year old CB175.
@norifan - Good to hear from you dude, nice little stable of bikes, all very different and I'm sure lovely in their own way. Which do you prefer?
lee wrote:Still here.
Still got the old cbr commuter, but rarely commute in shitty weather any more so its not getting much use.
And the zzr1400 which i have only managed a couple of thousand miles on since picking it up last year.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@lee - To be honest I thought the CBR had gone, but they're a reliable tool aren't they. ZZR is a spaceship I'm sure! Do you miss the KTM?
Cabernet wrote:Well I have been out in Feb this year and regained my BMF Blue Ribbon Advanced Rider Accreditation
@Cabernet - I was talking to an old colleague about 'advanced riding' today... it just sounds bullshitty and horrendous, lol. Each to their own though, and of course I know you ride well as we've been for a spin in the past and glad you enjoy it :)

Live Forever or Die Trying

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 08 Mar 2019, 17:56

Cab’s riding is spot on, never seen a low cruiser ride so progressively

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 08 Mar 2019, 18:05

norifan wrote:Still here lurkingImage looking forward to the 1st GP of the season. Still riding my CB1100, RD400 and little 48 year old CB175.
@norifan - Good to hear from you dude, nice little stable of bikes, all very different and I'm sure lovely in their own way. Which do you prefer?

Has to be the 1100 mate. The others are nice old things and I do love a two stroke but modern bikes are a different kettle of fish, even a big lardy retro like the 1100

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 08 Mar 2019, 18:21

The cbr was going to my mate but it didnt end up happening.
Owes me nothing so i decided to keep it.

Tbh not really missing the ktm.
It was a brilliant and fun bike but ive ticked that type of bike off the list for now.

Still early days with the big zed but im really enjoying it so far. Really easy to ride and feels very natural. The engine is probably the smoothest ive ever used.
Actually enjoy just cruising round on it at sensible speeds.

Marco
Reactions:

Post by Marco » 08 Mar 2019, 18:40

Clarkey wrote:
Marco wrote:I still have my two zx6’s. haven’t ridden in a year coz of finances but I am getting her ready to go for an mot soon. I have missed the freedom far far far too much bring on the sun!!
Cheers for the post @Marco - so why did you end up with two zx6's? Are they different years and therefore much different to ride? I used to have a track bike zx6r, engine was awesome

@Clarkey nope the two I have currently are the b1h (03) and b2h (04 on 05 plate) both in candy blue. I used to have an f3 (97) but wrote that off and got a payout and liked the look and feel so much that when another popped up I bought it. I see them as my bike and my commuter as the b2 has 60,000 on the clock but has a newer engine in. I think the b1/2 is the best looking zxr’s although I love the look of the winter test editions

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 08 Mar 2019, 18:43

lee wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 18:21
Still early days with the big zed but im really enjoying it so far. Really easy to ride and feels very natural. The engine is probably the smoothest ive ever used.
That's interesting. @Fronkey test rode one and said it was a bit vibie and opted for a VFR instead. He wasn't the first to mention such either. Was yours a spanker or had it done some before you got it?
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

lee
Reactions:
Fishing for lurkers...

Post by lee » 08 Mar 2019, 18:59

Cabernet wrote:
lee wrote:
That's interesting. @Fronkey test rode one and said it was a bit vibie and opted for a VFR instead. He wasn't the first to mention such either. Was yours a spanker or had it done some before you got it?
Different bike.
He rode a z1000sx.
We were both considering one.
I didnt find it vibey at all though.
But my kwak is much smoother.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 08 Mar 2019, 19:03

lee wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 18:59
Cabernet wrote:
lee wrote:
Different bike.
He rode a z1000sx.

And yours is the?
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

lee
Reactions:
Fishing for lurkers...

Post by lee » 08 Mar 2019, 19:04

Cabernet wrote:
lee wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 18:59
Cabernet wrote: That's interesting. @Fronkey test rode one and said it was a bit vibie and opted for a VFR instead. He wasn't the first to mention such either. Was yours a spanker or had it done some before you got it?
Different bike.
He rode a z1000sx.

And yours is the?
Zzr1400

(Your blue ribband examiner would have been appalled at those obs.....) lol.

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 08 Mar 2019, 20:08

Still here, still game. Booked my TT ticket last week. Gonna book on Anglesey for some track training this year. The triumph’s on paddock stands awaiting its service. That February warm spell saw me up at the Fleece in Ripponden for a nice meal and the carousel Southport for a bag o chips. I’m still on the look out for a pillion bike too. Either a Tiger 800 or a Multistrada. Not sure which yet though ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982