E-Scooters

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
E-Scooters

Post by Clarkey » 10 Mar 2019, 14:55

Interesting... https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... set-to-end

I'd totally use one of these for short journeys, I'd have one already if they weren't illegal

Obviously things to consider, standards of riding, insurance, accidents, waste etc, but how is it I can walk, cycle, e-cycle, moped, car, van or superbike, but not a 20mph scooter? I can't see how it wouldn't help the environment and traffic if done correctly

Live Forever or Die Trying

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:
Re: E-Scooters

Post by cupidstunt » 10 Mar 2019, 17:07

Not for me @20mph you are a sitting target i'd rather get the bus.
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 10 Mar 2019, 17:08

cupidstunt wrote:Not for me @20mph you are a sitting target i'd rather get the bus.
Depends what the rules are on them... Is it any different to being on a bicycle?

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 10 Mar 2019, 17:51

Just couldn't see me riding down the east lancs on that or a push bike and you wouldnt be popular with other road users.
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 10 Mar 2019, 17:53

cupidstunt wrote:Just couldn't see me riding down the east lancs on that or a push bike and you wouldnt be popular with other road users.
It's fair point, and unfortunately whatever they do we can bet it's only a matter of time until we'll see a story of someone riding down the motorway on one one day, lol, but I think it's meant more for city / urban use

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 10 Mar 2019, 22:08

Clarkey wrote:
cupidstunt wrote:Just couldn't see me riding down the east lancs on that or a push bike and you wouldnt be popular with other road users.
It's fair point, and unfortunately whatever they do we can bet it's only a matter of time until we'll see a story of someone riding down the motorway on one one day, lol, but I think it's meant more for city / urban use

The Boris bikes in Liverpool didn’t last long. Seen loads that have been torched, others that have been for a permanent swim in the canals and some that have had their wheels stolen.
Its a great notion of more green transport, completely all for it. But there is such a shite infrastructure and poor level of respect for public property that it’ll inevitably be a waste of public money when the firm goes bust and the Insolvency agency has to pick up the tab, aka us tax paying folk.

Or a waste of council funding that would be better spent buying electric buses or adding a commuter lane and reducing road tax or giving some sort of charge back for people who use RideShare.

Done this for a few years at Uni on my commute from south St.Hellens to Ormskirk.
I’d go via Earlstown where I’d pick two up, back onto the lancs, through to Windle, pick another and then through Kirkby to pick the last up and earn £20 ish a day for going a total of 10 miles out of my way total a day. Then the people i picked up gave me petrol money each week or paid my dinners.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 10 Mar 2019, 23:20

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

The Boris bikes in Liverpool didn’t last long. Seen loads that have been torched, others that have been for a permanent swim in the canals and some that have had their wheels stolen.
Its a great notion of more green transport, completely all for it. But there is such a shite infrastructure and poor level of respect for public property that it’ll inevitably be a waste of public money when the firm goes bust and the Insolvency agency has to pick up the tab, aka us tax paying folk.

Or a waste of council funding that would be better spent buying electric buses or adding a commuter lane and reducing road tax or giving some sort of charge back for people who use RideShare.

Done this for a few years at Uni on my commute from south St.Hellens to Ormskirk.
I’d go via Earlstown where I’d pick two up, back onto the lancs, through to Windle, pick another and then through Kirkby to pick the last up and earn £20 ish a day for going a total of 10 miles out of my way total a day. Then the people i picked up gave me petrol money each week or paid my dinners.
Sorry, the ride share thing for me is less useful in itself, it's the fact they will push for a change in rules to catch up to technology - once legal I'd hopefully just buy one (assuming the laws don't need stupid features adding that ups the price)

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 11 Mar 2019, 17:55

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:It's fair point, and unfortunately whatever they do we can bet it's only a matter of time until we'll see a story of someone riding down the motorway on one one day, lol, but I think it's meant more for city / urban use

Sorry, the ride share thing for me is less useful in itself, it's the fact they will push for a change in rules to catch up to technology - once legal I'd hopefully just buy one (assuming the laws don't need stupid features adding that ups the price)

There are a few Yank ebikes that tickle my pickle but at $3500 ish its not viable.
Was up at Jem’s Speed Shop last week and seen KTM electric push bikes retailing at £6k!! What idiot buys that for themselves of their undeserving child?

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 11 Mar 2019, 18:25

rumpoldstilskin wrote:There are a few Yank ebikes that tickle my pickle but at $3500 ish its not viable.
Was up at Jem’s Speed Shop last week and seen KTM electric push bikes retailing at £6k!! What idiot buys that for themselves of their undeserving child?
I think we're on different wavelengths here... I'm thinking more like this... https://m-uk.gearbest.com/skateboard/pp_596618.html

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 11 Mar 2019, 21:33

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:There are a few Yank ebikes that tickle my pickle but at $3500 ish its not viable.
I think we're on different wavelengths here... I'm thinking more like this... https://m-uk.gearbest.com/skateboard/pp_596618.html

Oh dear oh dear Imagemight as well buy yourself a purse and wear it around your neck like these millennials hahaha