Talk about anything bike related.
Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Long overdue.

Post by Cabernet » 11 Apr 2019, 20:06

A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Long overdue.

Post by cupidstunt » 11 Apr 2019, 20:13

Why if iwas in hospital desperate for blood i would be more than gratefull to these people to bring it whats the problem ?
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 11 Apr 2019, 21:43

The problem is comfortable middle aged bikers getting their hero ego kicks doing the work of light haulage workers (couriers/taxi drivers) stealing their livelihoods, dignity and self worth, becoming a bigger burden on the state than the one the BB are supposedly fixing. Then dealer donating bikes for free against a tax loss, but getting tax free publicity costing the revenue income. Just flow the money and you'll find BB is just big con fueled by egotistical middle adrenaline seekers. Sure when we need blood we ain't bothered in the how. But given time to consider, I would rather it were by a worker able gain dignity and self worth earning albeit, a meagre crust.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Stumoores » 11 Apr 2019, 21:43

Saw this a couple of weeks ago. ive seen the blood bikers raising funds on a couple of occasions since and wondered why ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 11 Apr 2019, 21:55

Stumoores wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 21:43
Saw this a couple of weeks ago. ive seen the blood bikers raising funds on a couple of occasions since and wondered why ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is actually only one charity affected around Coventry. Let's hope it's the thin end of the wedge.

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 12 Apr 2019, 20:50

I agree but in part for different reasons, I completely agree about the egotistical "I've got blue lights brigade".

My main issue is having an emergency service completely dependent on volunteers, if the idea behind the scheme is to remove an extra duty from police and ambulance there has to be some sort of service level agreement in place, as things stand, you can't sanction volunteers if they can't be arsed.

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 12 Apr 2019, 23:15

Occams Razor wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 20:50
I agree but in part for different reasons, I completely agree about the egotistical "I've got blue lights brigade".

My main issue is having an emergency service completely dependent on volunteers, if the idea behind the scheme is to remove an extra duty from police and ambulance there has to be some sort of service level agreement in place, as things stand, you can't sanction volunteers if they can't be arsed.
Good to see your perspectives back on the platform Sir. Be better to see your ass on a bike again.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 13 Apr 2019, 06:43

From reading the whole article it seems that the additional service they provide has been deemed unnecessary.
I don’t see how they are depriving an industry by doing 0.01% of the work.

Are we saying all voluntary work is done by wankers preventing people gaining paid employment?

Very sad if you think that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 13 Apr 2019, 08:45

lee wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 06:43
From reading the whole article it seems that the additional service they provide has been deemed unnecessary.

Are we saying all voluntary work is done by wankers preventing people gaining paid employment?

If the blood bike organisation had been getting fund to pay under privileged riders a living for doing the work,, giving those riders dignity and purpose, I would applaud their actions. But to do the work themselves and steal the work life from those less privilege is unsavoury in my opinion. The wealthy giving to those in need is good. The wealthy taking fron the less privileged to give to the needy and being applauded for it is sick. The wealthy empowering the less privileged to help the needy would be beautiful.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 13 Apr 2019, 11:55

Cabernet wrote:
lee wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 06:43

If the blood bike organisation had been getting fund to pay under privileged riders a living for doing the work,, giving those riders dignity and purpose, I would applaud their actions. But to do the work themselves and steal the work life from those less privilege is unsavoury in my opinion. The wealthy giving to those in need is good. The wealthy taking fron the less privileged to give to the needy and being applauded for it is sick. The wealthy empowering the less privileged to help the needy would be beautiful.
Humour me.
My mum works 1 day a week in a library, unpaid.
She does this as she is retired and enjoys getting out the house and helping out.

My wife helps out two days a week at a charity providing respite care for disabled kids. Unpaid.

Are they doing someone out of a job?

There are other people working there (paid). They are simply providing additional support.