Fancy a ride out this year? Where are you?

Talk about anything bike related.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Fancy a ride out this year? Where are you?

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 20 Mar 2020, 20:08

Clarkey wrote:Sorry dude, the covid pandemic has put things back a bit, I won't be out for a few weeks at least

Hope you have a nice spin
Probably lost my job mate because of all this nonsense but fk all this shit, it's literally nothing to worry about health wise.
I would be worried if it was called ebola etc but not a flu strain ffs.

Hope you are well regardless.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 20 Mar 2020, 20:29

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Sorry dude, the covid pandemic has put things back a bit, I won't be out for a few weeks at least

Probably lost my job mate because of all this nonsense but fk all this shit, it's literally nothing to worry about health wise.

I'm sorry to hear that mate, I hope things work out and you can get paid through the government but I don't understand it all yet

It is killing people, and filling up our hospitals with many who need medical treatment so it's not something to brush off imo... Accepting that if you're otherwise healthy it's likely not to cause you too much harm, it's very worrying for elderly or those with other medical conditions.

The main thing is to slow down the spread to give the NHS a chance

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 20 Mar 2020, 20:35

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that mate, I hope things work out and you can get paid through the government but I don't understand it all yet

It is killing people, and filling up our hospitals with many who need medical treatment so it's not something to brush off imo... Accepting that if you're otherwise healthy it's likely not to cause you too much harm, it's very worrying for elderly or those with other medical conditions.

I reckon A Lot of people are going to milk this though and it'll just fk the people who need help.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 20 Mar 2020, 20:38

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:Probably lost my job mate because of all this nonsense but fk all this shit, it's literally nothing to worry about health wise.

I reckon A Lot of people are going to milk this though and it'll just fk the people who need help.

Can't disagree there unfortunately, as in many things... Panic buying has already shown that

lee711
Reactions:

Post by lee711 » 21 Mar 2020, 07:31

Similar position here too i'm afraid, with having a couple of seriously vulnerable family members, i'm trying to limit my social exposure as much as possible in order to keep them safe. As soon as this craziness blows over i'll be out. On the plus side, with being in haulage and distribution service i can assure there are no issues with keeping the shelves stocked and certainly no shortage of bog roll.... stay safe peeps.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 21 Mar 2020, 11:19

lee711 wrote:Similar position here too i'm afraid, with having a couple of seriously vulnerable family members, i'm trying to limit my social exposure as much as possible in order to keep them safe. As soon as this craziness blows over i'll be out. On the plus side, with being in haulage and distribution service i can assure there are no issues with keeping the shelves stocked and certainly no shortage of bog roll.... stay safe peeps.
Cheers Lee, you too

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 22 Mar 2020, 08:16

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 20:08

Hope the job is safe mate.
As for the virus, anyone that thinks it is only a flu needs to take a good look at the global reaction and measures and ask themselves do they really think the whole planet is over reacting?
When docs are deciding who lives and dies based on the system being overwhelmed it is a bad do.

Stay safe all.

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 22 Mar 2020, 09:06

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 20:08

Corona has already killed as many as the Ebola outbreak and it's barely started, give your head a rattle and have a look what's going on in the world.

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 22 Mar 2020, 09:22

I took to the roads yesterday with a pal of mine who was a nurse and now while still works for the NHS - is now in IT and is reliant on keeping back end systems up and online.
The roads were very quiet overall but the numbers of bikes out was very unusual. so was the manner of riding considering we put ourselves at risk anyway, but with a very stretched NHS you would think some would ride more conservatively and chill out - but fuck me no, it was like road rash out there with all the stereotypes being ticked - need i say more.

Anyway my mate was telling me that the number of 40 year old very typical males like us all on ventilators was astounding and disturbing.
He seemed to think this coming week will be the week where the NHS starts to break down and fail. very much a case of who gets ventilators and who doesn't and takes their chances.
Common sense to some seems to have gone out the window, stock piling and hoarding has very much shown some in their true light.

In work, some of my customers are healthcare and medical services and manufacturers, from pharma companies to thinks like hygiene products to operating theatre bed manufacturers.
These have been seemed key customers and get the support from everywhere and cannot fail.
Hardware supply has been incredible. on an average week we flip around 10 to 20 laptops or desktops. the last 2 weeks has seen over 250.
Prices of hardware has nearly tripled from the re-sellers in the channel. many company's resorting to the retail outlets like PC world and curries for some out of date, flashy light lenovo laptop with windows 10 home for the staff to use, then only to pay a premium to upgrade to 10 pro so they can actually use it.

Next week is going to be make or break for lots of us, stay indoors where you can, avoid risk, chill the fuck out and don't join these panic buying ming mongs out there. in fact if anyone here stockpiled bog roll and other essentials - i don't care of your excuse or self justification, you are part of the problem.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 22 Mar 2020, 09:40

Cheers for sharing

Indeed, anything you can do to lower your chances of needing the NHS for any reason whatever should be done

I can't believe the gyms and schools etc only closed on Friday