Productive tinkering / bike fettling

Talk about anything bike related.
CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Productive tinkering / bike fettling

Post by CRM » 11 Jun 2015, 11:18

Don't you just love it when doing jobs on your bike, it all goes to plan and comes together nicely ?
yesterday i took the executive decision to take half a day off work and piss around in my new garage and do a few jobs on some of the bikes.
1 - replaced the gear linkage and bushes from the gamma, sort rear caliper, refit all bodywork, clean and check over.
2 - replaced tyres on the KSR80, fixed leaky carb - clean carb out and test. Bleed brakes and clean and polish bike.
3 - replaced warped disk on RD350N1, set YPVS system because it sounded like a dying duck and wasnt working correctly.
4 - Gear oil change on CRM, new pads front and rear.
5 - spent 30 mins cleaning my tools and putting back in a nice organised manner ready for the next session of destruction / over tightening / rounding.

So a good afternoon and evening getting intimate and dirty with some of the bikes again in the new man cave.
Back is fucking killing me today and i have it seems gained a few more cuts on my hands.
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

jimmytanko
Reactions:
Re: Productive tinkering / bike fettling

Post by jimmytanko » 11 Jun 2015, 12:13

Yeah, did a service and belt change on the new monster yesterday (albeit in wills garage as my house still hasn't come through) but like the feeling of satisfaction it gives you doing it yourself

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

johnnyrotten13
Reactions:

Post by johnnyrotten13 » 11 Jun 2015, 13:03

yeah i try to do all my own bike related stuff,makes me laugh when people dont have the confidence to do minor mechanics, i'm self taught, but was brought up on 2 strokes so for years never mauled with a 4 stroke engine,but then again i never had to, but recently took my cams out to reshim mi blackbird,though it was time comsuming actually doing the jobs was very easy,and every thing went back together without a hitch, and i now feel i can tackle any job engine wise as long as i've a manual to work with.the confidence you gain doing your own stuff fills you with a certain pride.

pch1
VIP
Reactions:

Post by pch1 » 11 Jun 2015, 15:31

Fixed that for ya:)
johnnyrotten13 wrote:... every thing went back together without a hitch, and i now have plenty spare parts left over.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 11 Jun 2015, 23:36

pch1 wrote:Fixed that for ya:)
johnnyrotten13 wrote:... every thing went back together without a hitch, and i now have plenty spare parts left over.
Lmao, i've now got 6 bikes but 11 wheels :/
But they're all in various stages of (dis) repair that i am starting to struggle to remember what goes where.

My MG went back together with loads of bolts left over, the second time i used these bolts bit then was 1 short, go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 12 Jun 2015, 09:50

Well alas my victorious cheers were premature.
1 - the front end of the RD still shakes like it's being ridden by Michael J Fox on the brakes
2 - the baffle fell out of the RD first time i thrashed it and nearly impaled the driver of the car i just overtook
3 - the RG500 gear lever "upgrade" was too short and you need legs like Arnie to change gear.
4 - the 916 battery was bastard flat.
So i ended up taking the NSR250 for a thrapping over to the horseshoe pass yesterday afternoon.

feckin' 2 strokes lol

CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CRM » 13 Jun 2015, 14:15

Well turns out the "dead straight mate" front discs i bought from Ebay were as you can guess - fucked.
so found a pair that are actually straight and the bike pulls up sharp and true now at last.
still got an issue with it leaking fluid from the master cylinder so have ordered a new master cylinder rubber seal.

Took it for a 40 mile blast today, and it actually goes quite well now the powervalve is turning the right way lol. the dick head who built it managed to put the YPVS in upside down. now corrected and it sure goes well.

Got some clutch slip from it now so need to sort that properly and apart from that i am happy with it and it will certainly be a keeper too.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 13 Jun 2015, 16:38

At least it keeps you out of trouble and away from her indoors
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek: