Talk about anything bike related.
Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: Yamaha MT09 Tracer 1st Impressions

Post by Occams Razor » 19 Jul 2015, 14:58

Another update a few weeks on.
While cleaning the bike a few days ago I realised how much play there was in the throttle, I'd guess over 5mm, I've now adjusted all of this out and this has cured most of the snatchiness. It's ridiculous that they'd let it out of the shop this way, reading some of the forums this seems to be normal and probably Yamaha's recommendations, the fools.
Another point if you're thinking about getting one, don't fill up with cheap fuel at your local supermarket, last couple of tankfulls have been Shell's finest and it's improved the fuelling no end.
The suspension seems good on smooth roads but bumpy bends always find its limitations, I think I'll be spending some money at Maxton or similar over the winter I've tried different suspension settings but I suspect I'm just too fat for it.
The screen is better in the lower setting but to be frank, it's poor all it does it make noise and create buffeting turbulence so I'll be getting an aftermarket one in the next week or two.
In for the first service this week, the gearbox has lost some of the initial notchiness as you'd expect hopefully an oil change will improve it further.