Bluetooth helmet speaker

Talk about anything bike related.
darthsmidge
Reactions:
Re: Bluetooth helmet speaker

Post by darthsmidge » 14 Aug 2015, 11:45

Jim27 wrote:Cheers for the input, guys. Someone else has recommended the BT Interphone 800M which is cheap as chips at £30 ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-Interphone ... 3aae13bc89" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) so I've ordered one of those to try out. It seems generally the price difference is mainly down to each system's ability to handle communication (via telephone calls and intercom), but the speaker function is pretty much of a muchness, so I can't really see much benefit in going for a more expensive system over this, when what I'll be paying for (mostly) is higher quality in the functions that I don't plan on using anyway.

Paul - I'm fitting it to my Arai RX7 GP so will let you know how well it fits.
I had one of those exact cheapo units for about 6 months. Its alright for satnav directions but just using headphone earbuds is better. Music quality either OK but too quiet, or loud enough and distored, intercom don't bother over 35mph and getting the thing to pair with your phone/other headset/satnav is hit & miss so very frustrating. For the money its alright, but even so I'd struggle to recommend it.

Got sick of it in the end and splashed out on a Sena 20S and its just so, so much better. I've also had a scala rider previously and the sena just blows it out the water. Loud, clear and simple to use, but its also £180.

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 14 Aug 2015, 12:01

darthsmidge wrote:
Jim27 wrote:Cheers for the input, guys. Someone else has recommended the BT Interphone 800M which is cheap as chips at £30 ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-Interphone ... 3aae13bc89" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) so I've ordered one of those to try out. It seems generally the price difference is mainly down to each system's ability to handle communication (via telephone calls and intercom), but the speaker function is pretty much of a muchness, so I can't really see much benefit in going for a more expensive system over this, when what I'll be paying for (mostly) is higher quality in the functions that I don't plan on using anyway.

Paul - I'm fitting it to my Arai RX7 GP so will let you know how well it fits.
I had one of those exact cheapo units for about 6 months. Its alright for satnav directions but just using headphone earbuds is better. Music quality either OK but too quiet, or loud enough and distored, intercom don't bother over 35mph and getting the thing to pair with your phone/other headset/satnav is hit & miss so very frustrating. For the money its alright, but even so I'd struggle to recommend it.

Got sick of it in the end and splashed out on a Sena 20S and its just so, so much better. I've also had a scala rider previously and the sena just blows it out the water. Loud, clear and simple to use, but its also £180.
Is the Sena a rider to passenger intercom too, as I mentioned in my earlier comment our Scala is 5 years old now and getting a bit past its best I reckon, so looking to replace it with the same or better, it was more than £180 5 years back, so if the sena is better & cheaper, happy days.

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 14 Aug 2015, 12:12

I use the auto com air .its a bluetooth headset that completely goes into the lining of your helmet. Its not the cheapest ,similar in price to sena , but because is not stuck to the side of the lid, catching the wind,its very very quiet and comfortable . connects to phone ,sat nav and the bikes music system.

once paired up it connects or reconnects automatically. there was some dropping of signal in the early days , but now its flawless . I think you get what you pay for
:

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 14 Aug 2015, 12:25

Dave wrote:I use the auto com air .its a bluetooth headset that completely goes into the lining of your helmet. Its not the cheapest ,similar in price to sena , but because is not stuck to the side of the lid, catching the wind,its very very quiet and comfortable . connects to phone ,sat nav and the bikes music system.

once paired up it connects or reconnects automatically. there was some dropping of signal in the early days , but now its flawless . I think you get what you pay for
Hmmmm. Getting plenty of food for thought now, had an autocom wired system before the Scala & that was ok too. Price isn't an issue, not for me anyway, unless I've paid top wack and it turns out to be crap.

darthsmidge
Reactions:

Post by darthsmidge » 14 Aug 2015, 14:37

Is the Sena a rider to passenger intercom too, as I mentioned in my earlier comment our Scala is 5 years old now and getting a bit past its best I reckon, so looking to replace it with the same or better, it was more than £180 5 years back, so if the sena is better & cheaper, happy days.
Yes it would work rider to passenger, anyone who's wearing one up to 1.2 miles between headsets and up to 8 headsets in one conversation. Or the universal mode will connect the Sena 20S to a single bluetooth headset from any other manufacturer.