Re: New bike :)

Post by finchey63 » 03 Sep 2015, 16:10

Very nice indeed mate enjoy. :D

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 03 Sep 2015, 17:32

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Looking for a Vyrus next but that'll be in a few years.
I'm happy to share in your excitement and joy at buying lovely and rare bikes, but the moment you buy a Vyrus I'm afraid jealousy will kick in and you can just fuck off

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Sep 2015, 17:43

cupidstunt wrote:Do you have a wank ?
before the laser my eyesight was shit...... Haha

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Sep 2015, 17:49

Clarkey wrote:
I'm happy to share in your excitement and joy at buying lovely and rare bikes, but the moment you buy a Vyrus I'm afraid jealousy will kick in and you can just fuck off
lmao, i've got to find one first, haven't ever seen one in the flesh either.

I did, sneakily, send an email from my physics tutor to Petronas Oil and was basically trying to blag a few of their FP-1 bikes that are secretly held in a bunker in Essex....... I asked for them as a donation to the doctorate program into renewable energies sourcing program saying we was researching how to alternatively fuel a 4 stroke internal combustion engine.

But it was all big fat LIES.... Muhahahahaha. I wanted them
All for little eld me :)

Needless to say-no response. As that would admit they even exist.

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 03 Sep 2015, 17:55

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

I did, sneakily, send an email from my physics tutor to Petronas Oil and was basically trying to blag a few of their FP-1 bikes that are secretly held in a bunker in Essex....... I asked for them as a donation to the doctorate program into renewable energies sourcing program saying we was researching how to alternatively fuel a 4 stroke internal combustion engine.

Years ago my good friend gingerman (adam or something on here) and I drove over an hour to just go and look at a first generation bimota tesi... bodywork and overall styling wise it is obviously extremely old fashioned, kind of reminds me of the old cbr1000, but the hub centre steering has held my fascination for a long time, and the vyrus is pretty much the epitome (spelling?) of that, and are a hell of a machine. I imagine buying one of them will make your MV seem like a cheap runaround value wise?

If you do get one, I want a go on that too... and as you've already offered me a go on your nelli (I haven't forgotten, as the shock of you agreeing so easily lodged the memory, lol), and whilst I'm there it'd be kind of rude not to have a go on the MV too... thanks, lol

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Sep 2015, 17:55

Or the Momoto MM1 depending on what colour tickles your pickle, rumour has it the 150 Petronas FP-1 bikes in essex have been repainted and sold under the pseudonym 'Momoto MM1' who have actually sued Petronas Oil for some £83m!!!

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Sep 2015, 17:57

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote: I'm happy to share in your excitement and joy at buying lovely and rare bikes, but the moment you buy a Vyrus I'm afraid jealousy will kick in and you can just fuck off

Years ago my good friend gingerman (adam or something on here) and I drove over an hour to just go and look at a first generation bimota tesi... bodywork and overall styling wise it is obviously extremely old fashioned, kind of reminds me of the old cbr1000, but the hub centre steering has held my fascination for a long time, and the vyrus is pretty much the epitome (spelling?) of that, and are a hell of a machine. I imagine buying one of them will make your MV seem like a cheap runaround value wise?

If you do get one, I want a go on that too... and as you've already offered me a go on your nelli (I haven't forgotten, as the shock of you agreeing so easily lodged the memory, lol), and whilst I'm there it'd be kind of rude not to have a go on the MV too... thanks, lol
haha let me put some miles on her and get the 600mile service done but yeah, don't mind at all.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 03 Sep 2015, 17:58

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote: I'm happy to share in your excitement and joy at buying lovely and rare bikes, but the moment you buy a Vyrus I'm afraid jealousy will kick in and you can just fuck off

ps the Bimota Tesi is the same bike by all accounts, different engine and tuning is all

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 03 Sep 2015, 18:04

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:lmao, i've got to find one first, haven't ever seen one in the flesh either.

ps the Bimota Tesi is the same bike by all accounts, different engine and tuning is all
Yeah, I think they worked together on the tesi bikes, but not sure who exactly vyrus are

I think it's the 3rd generation tesi which is basically the vyrus, the tesi 1D has the same underlying tech, but the cosmetics are soooo different

that mm1 reminds me of the roehr