Safety recall

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Safety recall

Post by Dave_W » 09 Mar 2016, 20:54

My 2012 bandit has been recalled by Suzuki due to a potential fault. I've done a search on line to see if I'm entitled to a play thing while my bikes in for a check up but can't find owt. Anyone got any experience in such things and can tell me if I have any chance of getting a courtesy vehicle while it's away from its dad?
I've mailed suzuki UK but no response (shocker).

Cheers

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Dave
Reactions:
Re: Safety recall

Post by Dave » 10 Mar 2016, 17:51

whats the recall dave ?

If your bike is in for a couple of hours, Just ask them for use of one of their demos, Book it when you book the bike in , if you say your interested in buying one !!!! It will be flu of fuel to !!!

If you bike is in for a few days, Id be onto suzuki customer services asking for a loan bike from the approved dealer where you are taking it
:

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 10 Mar 2016, 18:11

Hi dave. Letter says valve clearance check and tappett replacement so minimum is taking the head off. Spoke to millennium who've told me if it needs parts when they check the valves etc they will need to order in. Best case scenario is couple days and worst case probably just over a week.

I've mailed suzuki and heard nothing back so will send another today.

Dooffle
Reactions:

Post by Dooffle » 18 Mar 2016, 19:56

Dave_W wrote:Hi dave. Letter says valve clearance check and tappett replacement so minimum is taking the head off. Spoke to millennium who've told me if it needs parts when they check the valves etc they will need to order in. Best case scenario is couple days and worst case probably just over a week.

I've mailed suzuki and heard nothing back so will send another today.

No need to take the head off for tappet replacement.
Unless they find damaged valves.

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 18 Mar 2016, 20:00

That's the message I got from millennium - said they couldn't take it in until they had the head gasket set. Did a search to see if I could find any detail on the recall but bugger all on line mate. Could be owt

johnnyrotten13
Reactions:

Post by johnnyrotten13 » 21 Mar 2016, 21:54

i'm guessing they mean rocker cover gasket not head gasket, as doofle says no need to take head off.

Dave_W
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Dave_W » 22 Mar 2016, 07:09

Cheers guys you're spot on. I dropped bike off yesterday so had a chat with the chaps about the recall. They told me they need to check tappets and valve clearances and in about 35% of cases the bike needs valves replacing if the former have been out of tolerance. Also, appears it's mainly on bikes with mileage less than 2.5k and mines done 9 now so fingers crossed she'll be back before easter weekend. Garage looks too empty.