So Chris Evans & Top Gear

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
CRM
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
So Chris Evans & Top Gear

Post by CRM » 17 Jun 2015, 07:01

What's everyone's thoughts about this (if you care)
I reckon it could be great, he certainly is a petrol head and a biker, and enthusiastic too, so it could be fantastic.

However he made such a big song and dance about not being interested in the job - i wonder how big the numbers were that was waived under his nose ?
Upgrade your account to VIP status to enable the Signature feature.

Dave
Reactions:
Re: So Chris Evans & Top Gear

Post by Dave » 17 Jun 2015, 07:07

hammond and May got dropped too so will be a complete new set up …the thing is who will work with evans ? lets not forget he is ginger
:

norifan
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by norifan » 17 Jun 2015, 07:20

Always thought Evans was a twat, but he dont seem as bad these days, nowhere near as far up his own backside as Clarkson. Shame about Hammond tho.

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 17 Jun 2015, 09:33

I think it will all depend on who they get to fill in the other slots - one might be a woman ? That's the end of the blokey theme .... It would be good having Guy Martin in there along with another nutter ... It is the BBC making these decisions though ...so heaven knows ! Will be good to see how a reboot pans out though ....

Jazzi
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jazzi » 17 Jun 2015, 09:51

Chris Evans is the poster boy for the BBC these days, could have put a bet on it as soon as Clarkson got sacked that Evans would take over. He's alright! I can stand him more then I can stand most presenters. Definitely have to see who the other two presenters will be though, it was the charisma of Clarkson, Hammond and May that made Top Gear work for so long and if the new 3 haven't got any charisma together then it'll just fail.

AlexGSi2000
Reactions:

Post by AlexGSi2000 » 17 Jun 2015, 11:30

In my opinion, he is probably the best person for the job.
I used to hate him when i was a kid, but as others have said, he seems to have calmed down abit.

It wont ever be the same though, its a shame Clarkson sold the brand a few years ago - would have been a very different story now.

I half expected the three to create another show under a different name on a different channel - im sure it would have been very lucrative for the broadcaster involved.

Jazzi
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Jazzi » 17 Jun 2015, 15:41

AlexGSi2000 wrote:In my opinion, he is probably the best person for the job.
I used to hate him when i was a kid, but as others have said, he seems to have calmed down abit.

It wont ever be the same though, its a shame Clarkson sold the brand a few years ago - would have been a very different story now.

I half expected the three to create another show under a different name on a different channel - im sure it would have been very lucrative for the broadcaster involved.
Last I heard was a possible deal with Netflix.

Stebinners
Reactions:

Post by Stebinners » 17 Jun 2015, 16:28

I would prefer it to be a show about cars ( and bikes) opposed to a show about the presenters ego's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR SLIKE
Reactions:

Post by MR SLIKE » 17 Jun 2015, 17:32

Clarkson hammond and may made the show work brilliant. Gonna take some beating that mix, whoever it will be will have there work cut out

z750

keith powell
VIP
Reactions:

Post by keith powell » 17 Jun 2015, 21:06

What about Charlie Boorman? He was brill on the African trip with Ewan McGregor.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk