Migrant crisis

WARNING - this area may contain items and language not suitable for younger or more sensitive viewers.
Stumoores
VIP
Reactions:
Migrant crisis

Post by Stumoores » 05 Sep 2015, 23:27

So the answer is Germany, we can trust them with a plan of how to deal with things. Work will set you free .
Revving the bollox off it since 1982

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Migrant crisis

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 06 Sep 2015, 00:17

Has Germany agreed to take lead role in housing the influx of asylum seekers then?

I know they are people and we are all equal but fk me we have our own problems over here to sort first, our own homeless, our own louts who refuse to work, our own imigrants who drink the system dry.
Why not just step up and stabilise their country, rid the 'IS' and try to stop this religious war bull shit.
Or better still, get rid of the mosks' etc. Britain isn't a muslim country so why the hell do we have thousands of mosks etc?? I haven't once seen a vicar walking around in Syria, or a nun in Egypt or a Buddhist temple converted into a christian church.

Meh- everything yanks my chain these days

Dave
Reactions:

Post by Dave » 06 Sep 2015, 08:12

I used to thing these immigrants were a nightmare coming here , blocking the tunnel , causing havoc , getting benefits etc . Since then I've read up quite about it and do agree the European countries should do more to help them . Just seen it on the news yesterday , around 800.000 of them have just arrived in Frankfurt ! They got like a " heroes " welcome ! Thousands of people welcoming and cheering them .

I agree with will we have enough problems here without this lot , we should just get to Syria wipe out the bad then send the immigrants back . Job done .

Great topic for a debate .
:

Soviet
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Soviet » 06 Sep 2015, 08:38

Dave wrote:Great topic for a debate .
Agreed, but not much informed debate going on so far...would be good to consider the solid and more complex issues rather than the number of mosques in Britain or the misconception that ethnic people bleed the benefits system....

Occams Razor
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Occams Razor » 06 Sep 2015, 08:58

Soviet wrote:
Dave wrote:Great topic for a debate .
Agreed, but not much informed debate going on so far...would be good to consider the solid and more complex issues rather than the number of mosques in Britain or the misconception that ethnic people bleed the benefits system....
Indeed Ill informed crap straight from the daily mail.
I could write an essay about terrorist recruitment methods but I fear it'd be wasted on some.

lee711
Reactions:

Post by lee711 » 06 Sep 2015, 09:09

The problems in syria needed sorting out at source, not moping up the mess of the aftermath. I have no real issue in cases of genuine asylum, but when it becomes an exodus of the population of an entire country then the problems of cause need serious attention. I feel this will have a green light effect on many other countries, who's peoples will look on this as a free ticket to a so called new and better life in a European country. I don't see any quick fix solution to the problem but the EU leaders need to get a grip on this whole sorry mess and soon. I also feel that if you are fleeing persecution and war in your home country with a view to setting up a new life in a new country then you need be prepared to accept that countries way of life and fit in, not expect special and preferential treatment, this will only lead to isolation, rejection and in the end hatred. Creating pockets of different religious sects is not the way to intergration. Just my view.

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 06 Sep 2015, 09:25

With regards to the migrant crisis, yes we should be helping out.
We were responsible in part for allowing the formation of this isis lot so we should be dealing with the fallout.

I 100% believe the reason this has been allowed to go on so long is to sway public support for a boots on the ground operation in syria and iraq.
The timing for the usa is perfect. Take the focus off the troubles at home (and there is an election on the way).
And most brits would support it because they are either appauled by the images on the news or because they think we are full and poor and cant accept these migrants who want to drain us dry (bollocks).

mozzersaints
VIP
Reactions:

Post by mozzersaints » 06 Sep 2015, 09:34

Dave wrote:I used to thing these immigrants were a nightmare coming here , blocking the tunnel , causing havoc , getting benefits etc . Since then I've read up quite about it and do agree the European countries should do more to help them . Just seen it on the news yesterday , around 800.000 of them have just arrived in Frankfurt ! They got like a " heroes " welcome ! Thousands of people welcoming and cheering them .

I agree with will we have enough problems here without this lot , we should just get to Syria wipe out the bad then send the immigrants back . Job done .

Great topic for a debate .
well when your country tries to commit genocide in a not so distant past, maybe this is a way of redeeming themselves.......or trying to...........
TO STRIVE,TO SEEK,TO FIND AND NOT TO YIELD

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 06 Sep 2015, 11:43

there's a family of immigrants just moved in to our road, they claim benefits, the parents don't work, get their rent paid, get money for their kids.

this is a house and money that should really be going to someone who's lived here all their life not some scrounger taking all they can get for free, they should just fuck off back to liverpool where they came from, why should we help them over here? so what if they've moved from a shithole estate and the dad says he's trying to get a job, i say fuck them and send them back to where they came from. if we don't the next thing you know all their friends and family will want to move here as well and then what will we do?

bloke
Reactions:

Post by bloke » 06 Sep 2015, 11:45

the above isn't a 'joke' by the way, just bringing the scale of immigration down a bit.