Fishing for lurkers...

Talk about anything bike related.
Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Fishing for lurkers...

Post by Clarkey » 08 Mar 2019, 20:15

Stumoores wrote:Still here, still game. Booked my TT ticket last week. Gonna book on Anglesey for some track training this year. The triumph’s on paddock stands awaiting its service. That February warm spell saw me up at the Fleece in Ripponden for a nice meal and the carousel Southport for a bag o chips. I’m still on the look out for a pillion bike too. Either a Tiger 800 or a Multistrada. Not sure which yet though ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very envious of your TT trip. Certainly something to look forward to

And Multistrada... No reason other than school boy shallow preference of course, as I've ridden neither

Live Forever or Die Trying

Cabernet
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Cabernet » 08 Mar 2019, 20:43

Stumoores wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 20:08
Still here, still game. Booked my TT ticket last week. Gonna book on Anglesey for some track training this year. The triumph’s on paddock stands awaiting its service. That February warm spell saw me up at the Fleece in Ripponden for a nice meal and the carousel Southport for a bag o chips. I’m still on the look out for a pillion bike too. Either a Tiger 800 or a Multistrada. Not sure which yet though ?

Took an Tiger 800 roadie out for a test ride. The pillion position of the pegs killed her inside an hour. She recovered riding home on the Breva 750.
She was never that happy on the BMW R850R when she was a decade younger either.
Both had a swept up exhaust that pushed the pillion peg out wider.
Think for a pillion bike I would look for summit that swept the exhaust under the pegs or a stubby that didn't interfere with them. More of a Roadster than adventurer.
CB1000R may be.
A Kentish man living in Manchester.

"As soon as he (Tozzi) started with the personal remarks I assumed he was struggling with the rest of his case", Ross Brawn 2009,

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 08 Mar 2019, 22:33

Any more lurkers? Come on, post, you might like it!

Barts dad
Reactions:

Post by Barts dad » 08 Mar 2019, 23:29

Go on then. Only one post in the last couple of years by myself. Got really pissed off with some of the shite that was being posted by some former members (present posters excluded.)
Much change bike wise for me.
Got rid of the Harley Sportster (Ended up hating it)
Sold the TRX (Only bike I’ve owned and made a profit on)
Treated myself to a brand new Yamaha XSR 900 a couple of years back. Just love it.
Took it up Scotland with a group of mates that year and managed comfort wise just about, but realised it was no tourer.
Consequently treated myself to a very tidy Blackbird for last years trip. Amazing bike. Even had a three day trip on it with my good lady last summer and she was impressed with the level of comfort.
It passed its Mot last week. All set for this years Scotland trip in May.
Treated myself to a Triumph Speed Triple in January this year. Only managed one decent ride out to the Lakes last week and loving it so far.
The garage is pretty full at the moment. 😀
He who dies with most toys wins. 😂
I’m sure if I got my act together and had a garage tidy up I could squeeze another little un in there, but I reckon my good lady might have something to say about that.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 09 Mar 2019, 08:52

Stumoores wrote:Still here, still game. Booked my TT ticket last week. Gonna book on Anglesey for some track training this year. The triumph’s on paddock stands awaiting its service. That February warm spell saw me up at the Fleece in Ripponden for a nice meal and the carousel Southport for a bag o chips. I’m still on the look out for a pillion bike too. Either a Tiger 800 or a Multistrada. Not sure which yet though ?

Both capable and equally as reliable. The Tiger is getting a littler rare now with some age behind it.
I was talking to Cab about my old MV Agusta Turismo Veloce..... if the prices come down a little more for a decent used one you won’t find a more capable, comfortable and smooth 2-up bike in that guise. But as a new purchase it wasn’t worth the £20k i paid i’d own up to that.

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 09 Mar 2019, 08:57

Barts dad wrote:Go on then. Only one post in the last couple of years by myself. Got really pissed off with some of the shite that was being posted by some former members (present posters excluded.)
Treated myself to a brand new Yamaha XSR 900 a couple of years back. Just love it.
Took it up Scotland with a group of mates that year and managed comfort wise just about, but realised it was no tourer.
Consequently treated myself to a very tidy Blackbird for last years trip. Amazing bike. Even had a three day trip on it with my good lady last summer and she was impressed with the level of comfort.
Treated myself to a Triumph Speed Triple in January this year. Only managed one decent ride out to the Lakes last week and loving it so far.
The garage is pretty full at the moment. Image
He who dies with most toys wins. Image
I’m sure if I got my act together and had a garage tidy up I could squeeze another little un in there, but I reckon my good lady might have something to say about that.
I might have something to tickle your pickle for the XSR...
ImageImage
A set of SW Motech Legend bags. With mounts for the XSR700 admittedly but you can buy the XSR900 mounts direct.
I paid £550 last year, used them once! Still in the heavy cotton storage bags.
Looking for about £300

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 09 Mar 2019, 09:00

Pegs nice and low Image

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 09 Mar 2019, 09:06

Barts dad wrote:Go on then. Only one post in the last couple of years by myself. Got really pissed off with some of the shite that was being posted by some former members (present posters excluded.)
The garage is pretty full at the moment. Image
He who dies with most toys wins. Image
Cheers for posting, good to hear from you. Yeah, the forum isn't what it used to be, not all good or bad just different.

That's quite the collection isn't it, some pretty iconic ones too, sounds good fun. My dad had a sportster and loved the engine but the riding position didn't agree with him. Never ridden a blackbird, and the only triumph I've ridden is a rocket 3

Don't be a stranger :-)

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 09 Mar 2019, 09:08

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Pegs nice and low Image
Yeah the pegs are in a good place aren't they. I need to ride these exotic bikes before you sell them, lol

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 09 Mar 2019, 10:28

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:Pegs nice and low Image
Yeah the pegs are in a good place aren't they. I need to ride these exotic bikes before you sell them, lol

Sold that a year ago Image

Only have the Diavel, CX500 bits’a and an R80 now.