Who is recommended to put my new chain on?

Talk about anything bike related.
rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:
Who is recommended to put my new chain on?

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 30 Dec 2019, 23:03

Please no links to a Smudger campaign
Need the new chain and sprockets fitting on My Diavel next month (no insurance until then to ride it anywhere)
Not entirely sure there are any Iden pendant mechanics locally.
Shop I bought her from is Bury Superbikes, great shop but a right hike from mine.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:
Re: Who is recommended to put my new chain on?

Post by Clarkey » 31 Dec 2019, 01:15

rumpoldstilskin wrote:Please no links to a Smudger campaignImageImageImage
Need the new chain and sprockets fitting on My Diavel next month (no insurance until then to ride it anywhere)
Shop I bought her from is Bury Superbikes, great shop but a right hike from mine.

Where are you based?

Heard good things about https://www.dmcmoto.co.uk/ in Preston, but no idea what they'd charge or how close they are to you

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 31 Dec 2019, 01:19

Clarkey wrote:

Where are you based?

Heard good things about https://www.dmcmoto.co.uk/ in Preston, but no idea what they'd charge or how close they are to you
Alright Clarkey, I'm in St. Helens now. I asked DMC for a quote, was the wro g side of 500 supplied and Fitted Image

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 31 Dec 2019, 01:23

rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

Where are you based?

Alright Clarkey, I'm in St. Helens now. I asked DMC for a quote, was the wro g side of 500 supplied and Fitted Image

Ouch!

I'm sure you can find someone local, but I don't know that neck of the woods I'm afraid so not much help

Congrats on wedding and house mate, hope you're not going to stop buying a new exotic bike every six months, you'll put the bike industry on its arse, lol

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 31 Dec 2019, 09:47

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Where are you based?

Ouch!

I'm sure you can find someone local, but I don't know that neck of the woods I'm afraid so not much help

Congrats on wedding and house mate, hope you're not going to stop buying a new exotic bike every six months, you'll put the bike industry on its arse, lol
Had to sell them all bar the Diavel, on my arse with this house, total gut and re-build.

Have been looking at a Rivian Truck though... Mmmmmm not for sale in the UK unfortunately
ImageImage

Clarkey
VIP
Reactions:

Post by Clarkey » 31 Dec 2019, 13:59

rumpoldstilskin wrote: Had to sell them all bar the Diavel, on my arse with this house, total gut and re-build.

Have been looking at a Rivian Truck though... Mmmmmm not for sale in the UK unfortunately
They're a bit amazing aren't they.

A Model Y would be my choice I think, but I've never spent anything like that much on a car and couldn't justify it. Lovely things though, as are the Model 3's

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 31 Dec 2019, 14:20

Clarkey wrote:
rumpoldstilskin wrote: Had to sell them all bar the Diavel, on my arse with this house, total gut and re-build.

They're a bit amazing aren't they.

A Model Y would be my choice I think, but I've never spent anything like that much on a car and couldn't justify it. Lovely things though, as are the Model 3's
Ey, I do like the Tesla's. Cheaper if you buy in NI as the US tarrif is wavered or lowered or something. Soon to be a thing of the past once we get them from China's Tesla factory nice and cheap.

cupidstunt
VIP
Reactions:

Post by cupidstunt » 31 Dec 2019, 15:35

Would of thought you could fit that your self Will rather than pay someone.
:geek: HEAD PERVERT :geek:

rumpoldstilskin
VIP
Reactions:

Post by rumpoldstilskin » 01 Jan 2020, 18:36

cupidstunt wrote:Would of thought you could fit that your self Will rather than pay someone.
Last one I fitted I broke two chain riveting tools in the process, cost me about the same as What a garage would charge.

Was hoping to have enough to buy the Mk2 Diavel rear end and do a swing arm swap to make use if its belt drive, have never seen one for sale or salvage though Image

lee
Reactions:

Post by lee » 09 Feb 2020, 13:30

You can build a bike, swap a diavel rear end, but cant put a new chain on!
Pmsl